Taking over a Room

Students should register on the day of their arrival at the Service Center of the Studentenwerks or directly with their landlord. At the Service Center, the lease, the key(s) and other important information will be provided. Please bear in mind that you may have to provide your own bed linens, dishes, furnishings etc. However, for this purpose, the Student Union offers a special service packet.

Students who are going to live in a private apartment must contact their water, electric and gas provider (e.g. Harzenergie) and register as a new customer. For students who are going to live in one of the student residence halls, the administration for student housing will assume responsibility for these amenities.