Residence Permit

As an applicant for a place at university, a student, a language student or a student at a preparation school, you will receive a residence permit for educational purposes. The Immigration Office in Goslar is responsible for TU Clausthal students. Granting of the residence permit will be decided upon there. There is no legal entitlement to the issuance of a residence permit.

Before granting a residence permit, the Immigration Office verifies if the general requirements for this have been completed and if there are reasons which oppose the issuance. In the process, your ability to support yourself financially will also, for example, be verified (proof of sufficient funds to cover monthly expenses). With applications for residence permit extensions for educational purposes, the Immigration Office must also verify if another permit can be issued. Please note that the Immigration Office will again need to verify financial funds.

The residence permit allows students to work during their studies altogether 120 full days or 240 half days per year. As a student assistant, students may work at their university and other academic institutions without time restrictions.