Health Insurance


To enroll at a university, confirmation of health insurance is required. Students from EU and EEA countries need to submit their valid European health insurance cards or an equivalent certificate from their health insurance provider in their home country. In some countries outside the EU, there are benefits available through one’s social security as well. Please inquire at your health insurance provider whether this applies to your country.  

If your home country does not have such a social security agreement with Germany, you must take out a health insurance policy upon arrival in your place of study. The IZC will gladly advise students of their options. Please see also Practical Information.


Bettina Sekler

Room: 1
Graupenstraße 11
38678 Clausthal-Zellerfeld

+49 (0)5323/ 72-2231
+49 (0)5323/ 72-3939

Consultation hours:

By appointment only


Search  Sitemap  Data Privacy  Imprint
© TU Clausthal 2021